Sunday, May 19, 2013

Eggs, but not the good kind

Today Kelly discovered that the Blue Bird House has eggs in it. As exciting as that may seen, it also seems they are from a House Sparrow, which is not so exciting. That is most definitely not a positive thing to have nesting in your yard. I set up some fishing line on the outside of the bird house to discourage the house sparrows from building a nest there, but it has seemed to fail.  This Spring I am going to have to come up with some better Anti Sparrow techniques. I still took pictures of the nest and eggs and wanted to document it here.  I'm pretty sure it looks like a House Sparrows nest do to the MESSY contents of different materials used to construct the nest, but I am ot sure 100% though, what I do know is that it's not a Blue Bird nest, that is all I am sure of.






Not sure what to o in this case. As much as I do not want those things reproducing in my yard, I also don't want to kill eggs. It's a touchy thing. The box is now cleaned out and I hope not to have to deal with this again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment