Wednesday, April 11, 2012

If You Build It, They Will Come - Cardinal


I recently got really into my bird watching. Who would have thought that would be as much fun as it is. I have a wonderful patch of woods in my back yard area that is the perfect area for walking and bird watching!  Kelly always had feeders prior to me moving here, but they were outside empty and neglected. Many of the feeders had broken hanging wires, and looked really run down and shabby. I took all of them down (about 6 in total) and repainted them. Kelly helped out and added all new hanging wires for each of the houses. They came out really really nice. I loaded them up with seeds and suet cakes, and hopefully word will spread in the bird community that there is free food here for all, LOL! 

I do not have the correct camera for taking bird pics (poor zoom), but I will do my best with the camera I do have. One of these days I'm going to lose my mind and purchase myself a Nikon D90 or Canon Rebel XT with a zoom lens. I just need about 1500$ or so to make the purchase (ha ha). One of these days it's going to happen. I am not sure how, but it will happen!

Here is a beautiful Cardinal I spotted in my front yard tree. I believe it's a male since he is solid red. I'm COMPLETELY new at bird watching, and I'm learning as I go. I did see tons of birds while I lived in NY, but because I did;t have a yard I never paid attention to what species they were. The song the Cardinal sings is pure beauty, and I'm learning it's so easy to know when they are present by there unique sounds. My bird feeders are working. If you build it, they will come!



Thanks for visiting :)


No comments:

Post a Comment