Thursday, April 12, 2012

Morel Mushrooms

Today was a busy busy day, and more than one post will be going up for the day, Actually there will be 3 posts!  Today was a lot of fun and I want to document it as best as I can. We are going to start with these Morel Mushrooms. When Kelly told me we were going mushroom hunting in our own back yard, I was pretty sure he lost his mind. In NY you DO NOT eat mushrooms you find in your yard unless you want a quick trip to the ER and some serious food posioning. In fact the only mushrooms you should ever eat in NY, is from the supermarket, lol. It took Kelly a lot of convincing to get me to try them, but once I did I was hooked! I'm still not 100% sold on this soaking them till the bugs come out thing...EEEEK!


They fried up really nicely and were super yummy. There were not a lot, but enough for a snack. It's thrilling to know I can find them in my own yard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment